Our rural clients have helped to shape BWR, and ultimately have formed the backbone of who we are today. We love learning about every client’s story, how that story has shaped their business, and how the family interacts in this unique and dynamic environment. Through our experience we offer our clients the collective insights we have developed over more than 100 years in business and through managing and steering hundreds of rural clients businesses in that time. This history has allowed us to become the experts at identifying opportunities and tailoring custom solutions for our clients rural businesses.
"We take care of the numbers, allowing you the peace of mind to get on with what you are really good at. "
+Our Rural Specialities
- Succession planning - facilitating family meetings, opening communication channels, bringing families together, creating succession plans and timelines, establishing collective capital and cash flow requirements, creating tax efficiency, structuring and asset protection. Planning for retirement and quantifying associated financial needs.
- Developing strategic farm plans, business plans, competitive advantage strategies.
- Tax consultancy including rural specific tax services - providing tax health checks & exposure reviews, dealing with international tax matters, rural specific tax minimisation, specialist transactional and structure based advice.
- Project analysis, capital expenditure cost benefit and payback analysis.
- Property purchase – due diligence, feasibility analysis, negotiation and financing.
- Benchmarking for; farming type, land class and comparative analysis. Key Performance Indicator development, management and reporting. Business health-checks, SWOT analysis and strategy alignment. Risk analysis and running what-if scenarios to evaluate your capacity for cash flow and overall financial risk.
- Farm advisory board support services and facilitation. Customised virtual CFO and/or board/management team advisory services, business mentoring and coaching.
- Wealth management - investment evaluation facilitation, venture capital opportunities, due diligence considerations. Investor support, looking at off-farm investment options and working with investment partners.
- Farm sale support – evaluating sale and agent options, presenting financial information to market the properties strengths, assisting with sale and contract negotiations, minimising tax consequences.
+Full Service - Business Support Specialities
- Budgets, rolling forecasts, cash flow preparation and periodic reporting.
- GST / PAYE / FBT / ACC- return preparation and support, transactional queries and assistance, specialist tax and compliance advice.
- Administration support services - paying monthly accounts, invoicing customers, banking income and reconciling debtor ledgers.
- The preparation and presentation of End of Year Financial statements.
- Preparation of full-scale annual reports including management commentary, trend and comparative analysis, graphically illustrated outcomes.
- Business Structure evaluation – assessing the pros and cons of structuring options. Evaluating, functionality, flexibility, asset protection, tax efficiency, flexibility. Future proofing the business structure(s).
- Family Trusts utilisation – asset protection, Trust succession management, retirement funding, gifting and debt forgiveness, statutory Trust management and governance. Professional Trustee and/or Independent Trustee services.
- Estates, Wills and Powers of Attorney – providing independent support and helping manage estates, inter-generational equity, asset succession and personal family characteristics.
- Accounting and business software support - Selecting and sourcing the right software, providing training and support, business software integration, add-on software implementation and support.
- Technology support and Education – on-site tutorial sessions, technology integration and purchase recommendations, hardware set-up, general software installs and upgrades, back-ups, network management, security installation and upgrades, and general I.T. support from a specialist team.
- I.T. remote access support over the internet - securely accessing your computer to provide a wide range of support services, fixes, upgrades, and all forms of general I.T. assistance.
- Company legislative and administrative requirements.
- Tax Disputes - addressing payment and/or return error issues, assisting with IRD enquiries, audits or investigations.